Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote vote vote.

I have one thing for you to do today.  Get out there and vote!  This will be the second presidential election in which I get to vote and I am so excited to have a say.  

There are a lot of important topics at stake in this election that I hope you will consider when voting today.  The economy.  Jobs.  Funding for college.  Abortion rights.  Global warming and climate change.  War. Human rights and the GLBTA community.  I hope that you make an informed decision and that you all take the time to vote.  It's so important.  My roommate heard a coworker say that she wasn't going to vote because "she didn't have the time."  As far as I'm concerned, that's just not an excuse.

 For me personally, having lived in the United States all my life, I've found it all too easy to take my freedoms for granted.  Just the fact that I can post my opinions on this blog is a right that I sometimes overlook.  But I am so thankful that I have these freedoms and that I have a voice in the election today.

So please get out there and vote.  And if you need to reach me tonight, I will be on my couch glued to CNN waiting for the results.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! Voting is SO important! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. I'll be watching them with you!

    <3 Josephine
    www.champagnestar.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I didn't fully understand the importance of voting until recently, and I'm so glad that I voted today. Even if they were out of the cute little stickers....
    -XOXO-
    Libby at http://libbysoutlook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete