Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Dreaming of Madrid

Two summers ago, after my junior year of college, was awarded a research fellowship to Madrid, Spain to study walkability and urban design.  I went on the trip by myself and stayed in Spain for four and a half weeks.  The experience was absolutely amazing.  I learned a lot about myself and and I learned that I was much more capable and independent than I thought I was.  Traveling, researching and staying in hostels alone resulted in a few flaws and there were definitely bumps along the way but overall the trip was wonderful.

Madrid itself is one of the most welcoming, lively, fun cities I have ever been to.  It reminds me a bit of New York City in the sense that it is a city that never sleeps.  There are people walking through the streets constantly and there is always something going on.  I love that about the city.

I sincerely hope that I can make it back to Madrid someday.  It is definitely one of my favorite places in the world.



What is your favorite city in the world?
And PS, happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. spain is (hopefully) next on our list! i cannot believe i haven't been there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh... with the temperature this past week, I would LOVE to go to Madrid! You're a lucky gal you got to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how amazing! i'd love to go to madrid. i've been to barcelona and it is definitely one of my favorite cities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! That sounds like such an amazing experience. I studied abroad in Oxford and fell in love with that city, but I've always wanted to go to Madrid. Some day! I hope you had a great weekend!

    <3 Josephine
    www.champagnestar.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Madrid is one of my favorite places in the world! I went there for two consecutive summers during college and I'm just dying to go back!

    ReplyDelete