Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ten Little Things

It's November, the month of Thanksgiving, and therefore the month when people all over realize exactly what they have to be thankful for.  As many of you know, I do these ten little things posts fairly often.  I promise I don't write them so I can drone on and on about all of the little seemingly insignificant things that happen in my life.  I write these posts because I constantly try to find the good in every single day.  And even on the most stressful days, I have found that there is always something to be thankful for.

1. The right to vote.

2. The cozy-ness of my room.  And my new lamps.  They're pretty wonderful.

3. The first snowfall of the season.  I definitely don’t look forward to snow as much as I used to when I was a kid.  But there’s still something so magical about waking up one morning, looking out your window and seeing the first snowfall of the season.  It’s even better if you have nowhere to go that day.  Here’s hoping that happens this year. 

4. Singing in the shower when you're home alone.  It's a good time.  I sincerely hope I'm not the only one who does this.

5. Perfectly toasted toast.

6. Midnight movie premieres.  The energy is just unbeatable.  Sex & The City.  Twilight.  Harry Potter.  Hunger Games.  You name it, I’ve been to it. 

7. Free food.  I clearly still have the mentality of a college student.  And this morning when one of my coworkers offered me some homemade pumpkin bread, I accepted without any hesitation.  And it was so. good.

8. The first sunny day after a very cloudy week.

9.  One of those weeknights where you decide to relax and go to bed early.  Every once in a while you need to just put aside blogging, e-mails, projects and just unwind.

10. Making plans for the weekend on Monday.  Or on Sunday night.  It gives you  something to look forward to all week.

Happy Thursday everyone!  It’s so close to being the weekend!  Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for Thursday indeed! If you like free food, go to law school. I'm pretty sure I could have eaten lunch every day for free. Though, then you're also paying for law school. It's a toss up, really.

    <3 Josephine
    www.champagnestar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live on free food! Gotta love being a poor college student haha. And singing in the shower, I'm pretty sure my neighbors think that I'm Taylor Swift or maybe not! It's even better when I attempt to sing along to my favorite Spanish songs. That my friend must be a treat for my roomies :)
    Yay for the almost weekend!
    -XOXO-
    Libby at http://libbysoutlook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunger Games Midnight Premiere with you :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete