Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

On Always Learning



I love to learn. I love learning new things and I think it is so important to constantly expand your knowledge of the world and of yourself. I love learning about architecture, history, other cultures and countries, the list goes on and on. But one thing I am thankful that I am learning right now is the guitar (yes the above photo is how I learn guitar - notecards and youtube). There's something so magical about developing a skill and seeing yourself get better at it (slowly slowly slowly but surely) over time. I started teaching myself to play guitar about a year ago and I am nowhere close to where I would like to be but am constantly improving. I appreciate every tiny little accomplishment because I know those tiny accomplishments all contribute to bigger improvements over time. What are you learning at the moment? 

2 comments:

  1. so fun that you are learning guitar! do you think you would ever try to perform?!

    i am trying to teach myself photography but am slacking! thanks for the reminder to get back to my online class tonight! i do feel sooo good after i finish a module or learn a new technique with my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome you're teaching yourself to play guitar! I've taken lessons and learned a bit so many times, but can still only play the basic chords. And keep moving and never bring my guitar. It's awful, really. I hope you keep it up! I love learning new things all the time, too. Right now I'm relearning math, because apparently you need that for the GMAT. The LSAT was so much easier. Ha. :)

    <3 Josephine
    www.champagnestar.com

    ReplyDelete