1. First and foremost, The Everygirl relaunched last week! We went from this...
And I love love love it. If you've been reading my blog for a while you know just how much this website means to me. I've been with the TEG team since September 2012 and it is the most fun, rewarding work experience I've ever had. When I saw the new site for the first time, I couldn't have been more thrilled. It's easier to navigate, the design is beautiful, AND there's an Everygirl shop! I've also been named an Associate Editor along with Allyson at Mimosas in the Morning and I am so excited about it.
2. Relatedly, a few weeks ago I helped out at a shoot for The Everygirl and it was so. much. fun. The shoot was for a feature on Minneapolis favorite Parc Boutique and the amazing woman behind it, Thao Nguyen. It's the first feature I've coordinated from the start so I'm naturally really excited about it. Keep an eye out for the full feature early next year! Photography by the crazy talented Wing Ta of Canary Grey.
3. Someway, somehow, I am slowly learning to cook. I have no idea where this sudden interest came from, but I'm just going with it. I think every single new recipe I try is from a blog or pinterest, and yesterday, I discovered a new favorite food blog. It's called Half Baked Harvest and I think you should check it out immediately. I plan to make this, this, and especially this pizza as soon as possible.
Can you believe how good this looks? And don't even get me started on the dessert recipes...
4. HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I couldn't possibly be more excited about the fact that the holidays are right around the corner. I love everything about them - the baking, the decorating, the gift giving, the time with friends and family, and just all of the joy that comes with this time of year.
5. Black Friday is just a few days away...are you participating this year? I'm one of the crazy people who actually enjoys going shopping in the early hours of the morning. It seems oddly festive to me. I'm not sure if I'll go this year but even if I don't, I'm sure I'll be taking advantage of Cyber Monday deals.
I hope you have a lovely day and a festive Thanksgiving tomorrow!