Here is a lovely little list of ten things that have made me happy lately. For other lists you can go here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Woah. That's 80 little things that have brightened my day. Here are just a few more...
1. When you wake up, think it's a weekday, realize it's the weekend and go back to sleep. I had heard of this phenomenon before, but had never ever had it happen (shocking, right?) until this past Saturday. I woke up at 6am, checked my phone, saw that it was Saturday, smiled and went right on back to sleep.
2. The smell of the candle aisle. I got a whiff of the one at Target last week. It was wonderful.
3. When the barista at Starbucks messes up an order and you get a delicious beverage fo free. When I was at Starbucks all day Sunday I saw this happen to other people approximately 7 times. I'm thinking I should hang out at coffee shops more often.
4. Listening to a brand new album beginning to end (i.e. Red).
5. Fall leaves swirling around you on a windy autumn day.
6. Seasonal movies. What's my favorite movie this season? Hocus Pocus. Hands down. Brings me right on back to my childhood.
7. Presidential Debates. And SNL recaps of presidential debates.
8. Puppies and kittens. Can we all just generally agree that puppies and kittens make people happy?
9. When you come home after a long day and realize that your roommate/significant other has made you dinner or some sort of delicious dessert concoction. Happy times.
10. That feeling on Fridays just as work or class ends and the weekend begins. I love that moment.
P.S. Another feature that I designed is up on The Everygirl today! (Yay!) Head on over to check out the very talented, extraordinarily motivated (she begins every day at...prepare yourselves...2 am!) woman behind the brand Ali Ro.