Happy Halloween! There are oh so many things that I love about this day. Scary movies is not one of them, but the following ten things are.
1. Autumn leaves are continuing to fall.
2. Memories. Like my 9th grade Halloween when my best friend and I dressed up in inflatable sumo suits. At school. We were pretty bold freshman.
3. More memories. Halloween blizzards. Laying all my candy out on the living room floor, separating it and then deciding how many pieces I was (graciously, if you asked me) going to give to my parents. That was of course prior to them stealing candy from my stash on a daily basis thinking I didn't know. I also loved the year I was a soccer ball and my brother was a basketball. We were two classy kids.
4. Halloween candy. Mainly twix. I almost bought some at Target this morning until I realized I would have had to walk all the way to the back of the store to do so. I settled on the ghirardelli that was conveniently located at the front of the store instead (although really that's not settling at all).
5. One last pumpkin spice latte. It's just as good at this very moment as it was at the beginning of the season.
6. Haunted trails and houses. Really, this is so uncharacteristic of me. I greatly dislike scary movies and haunted houses aren't my favorite, but they're just festive enough for me to want to go to them. I'm a sucker for anything that's considered festive.
7. Halloween movies! This week has been incredibly busy so tonight I wholeheartedly plan to sit on my couch, paint my nails and watch the first Halloween movie that comes my way. I sincerely hope it's Hocus Pocus.
8. Wearing orange. Yes I'm that girl. The festive one. I have this orange sweater that just never seems to work. But today, it gets to have a shining moment.
9. PUMPKIN SCENTED CANDLES. I am so passionate about these. Can you tell by the all caps?
10. Little kids in Halloween costumes. Is there anything better, really? This morning I saw the cutest little boy with his mom picking out a shark costume for the big day. Have you ever felt your heart melting? That's literally what happened.
In all honesty, I was going to post a 'ten reasons i'm looking forward to the holidays' list this week. I wrote it a week ago in approximately two minutes. That's how excited I am about the holidays. But I restrained myself. Because its Halloween and Halloween deserves to have a moment of it's own.
And P.S. In case you didnt know, you all are wonderful, awesome people. I loved your comments on yesterday's post. Every time I read a new one, I thought to myself, "People are so nice! And they give such amazing advice!" Because you are. And you do. And I appreciate it.