It is finally starting to feel like fall here in Minneapolis. Somehow I managed to let it sneak up on me a bit. This weekend was really warm, and now its cold. Let's take yesterday morning, for example. I walked out the front door on my way to work (or rather ran, because I was running late, per usual) in my dress and light cardigan. But instead of being the normal girl wearing the normal clothing, I was the crazy girl wearing the ridiculously little amounts of clothing. I looked at the weather on my phone and it said it was forty-two degrees. But despite my complete disregard for the fall weather yesterday morning, I am basically in love with the fact that the seasons are now beginning to change. Here are ten little reasons why.
1. Layering. Cardigans on top of tees and blazers on top of tanks and jackets top of it all.
2. Changing leaves. I love when the leaves turn red and orange and yellow. I love jumping in leaf piles. I love the crunching leaves under my feet, too.
3. Anything and everything pumpkin flavored. Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin pancakes.
4. Excuses for hot apple cider, lattes and hot chocolate.
5. Excuses to stay inside in cozy sweatpants and sweatshirts and watch your favorite movies.
6. Visits to apple orchards. And pumpkin patches, too.
8. Bouquets of newly sharpened pencils (I hope someone gets this reference!).
9. New seasons of favorite TV shows. I rarely have time to watch TV, but when I do, New Girl is where it's at. Next Tuesday. 7pm. You know where I'll be.
10. My fall boots come out of hibernation. And oh how I love my fall boots.
What are your favorite things about fall?