1. When the barista at Starbucks gives you a venti instead of a grande. This happened to me on Monday. It made my day. I don't know if she did it on accident or was just trying to be nice, but whatever it was, it made me so happy.
2. Drinking an ice cold glass of water when you're really, really thirsty.
3. Getting into bed at night. It's one of my favorite parts of the day. Sleeping is wonderful, don't you think?
4. Writing letters to friends and knowing they will put a smile on their face.
5. Getting packages in the mail, like these shoes that I got today. I knew the package was coming. I'd been tracking it online. But when I saw it in my apartment lobby it was still a day-maker.
6. Things my friends say. Like when one of my friends gets really excited about something and says he needs to press his life alert button. Or when another calls sunglasses haterblockers. Gets me every. time.
7. Argan oil. I tried a sample of it a few days ago and my hair was in heaven. So shiny. So soft. So much less frizzy. I just might have to buy a full size version sometime soon.
8. Christmas things in October. I might get some criticism for this one, but I love starting the holiday season early. It puts me in such a good mood.
9. Mondays. Why? Because Taylor Swift is releasing a new song from her upcoming album every Monday this October. Yep, you should probably know that about me. Taylor is one of my favorite musicians. Judge away. Or agree away. I'm sure there's a mixture of opinions about that.
10. Getting e-mails from bloggers. Maybe they wanted to say something super nice or maybe they had a question or maybe they just wanted to talk beyond commenting. I love em all.
So go indulge in the little things. And notice them when they happen. You'll start to realize there is a lot more to be thankful for than you thought.