Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekend Snapshots

Thank you all for your supportive posts regarding the move!  The apartment is just as cute as I remember it.  There is just one major issue.  To put it as gently as possible, we have a big bug problem in the apartment.  Not okay.  I'm not going to get into the details because believe me, you really don't want to hear them.  So my weekend was much more stressful than I could have ever imagined.  Hopefully our landlords will get down to business today and get a really good exterminator in there.  Note to my fellow readers: ask questions before signing a lease.  Ask questions about things you never ever thought would be an issue.






My old room. // Spending Friday night in a hotel room.
Mornings out of the city. // Pre-kayaking breakfast.  Kashi heaven. // Molasses cookies.
Puppy love. // Cooking dinner over the fire on Saturday night. 

The one bright side about this problem (there's always some sort of silver lining, right?) was that my roommate and I decided to go back to her parents house for the weekend so that we could get a bit of relaxing in.  I love her parents house.  I love her little hometown and basically everything about going back there.  I haven't been back in two years so this was a very welcome trip.  We ate delicious food, (her parents are amazing cooks) went kayaking on a river and had a campfire on Saturday night.  Thank goodness for silver linings!

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, a bug problem sounds awful. Hopefully you can get that taken care of! But I'm glad to hear you had a great weekend regardless. Molasses cookies? Yum, send some my way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the bug problem, it sounds like your weekend was still pretty amazing!

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like the weekend was good despite the issues! hope you get them sorted out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend despite the bug problem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I hope your place is bug-free by now! I'm glad you got to relax a bit, it sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to see pics of the new place :)

    <3 Josephine
    www.champagnestar.com

    ReplyDelete