1) Kendi's honesty. Most fashion and lifestyle bloggers (I am guilty of this as well) portray lives of perfection. I don't think anyone means to create blogs that are viewed as being detached from reality. But I also think most bloggers didn't start blogs to complain or be emotional. They started blogs to inspire themselves and others. But amidst all of the inspiration the blogging world provides, sometimes it's nice to hear someone tell it like it is. So thanks Kendi.
2. Emily's Shark Bite Cupcakes and crying confessions. The cupcakes because they were the most adorable, amusing cupcakes I have ever seen. And the crying confessions because we can all relate. Legends of the Fall is to Emily as 50/50 is to me. Holy emotional rollercoaster.
3. My introduction to paleo via Danielle and Gina. I have got to admit, I am utterly curious. I'm not really a fan of diets so much as lifestyle changes and I'm not looking to lose weight so much as to improve my health. And paleo would be a lifestyle change that would probably improve my health. I'm definitely considering trying paleo for 30 days and seeing what happens. And I might as well do it in the summer when fruit is in season!
4. Thank you to Jess for informing me about Keratin Straightening Treatments. Getting a treatment will continue to be my dream until I have a job that pays enough money that I can justify buying it. Hopefully this dream will come true soon. Because shiny, silky hair - or as Jess puts it, 'a hair transplant of gorgeous, smooth, silky, healthy locks' - are every girl's dream.
5. The career features over at The Everygirl. This week's career features were Joy the Baker and Anna Bond of Rifle Paper Co. These are two incredibly driven, motivated, talented women. It was so interesting to learn more about the career paths that have taken them to where they are right now and SO inspiring to learn what a little imagination and a lot of hard work can do for you.
There you have it. A week in review. A little peek inside the posts that entertained and inspired me this week.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Seriously. Go do just that. And if you feel especially inclined, you can take a listen to the song that's been on repeat in my world all week long.