Recently some of my very best friends in the world (and my mom, of course) discovered this little part of the internet. And guess what? They do like it. And I think that's just awesome.
I started this blog for a few different reasons, but mainly because I wanted a creative outlet and I wanted to have something to keep me busy. At the time I had just graduated from college, was in the middle of job searching and had oh so much free time. Now I blog for so many different reasons. Just to clear up why exactly I blog, let me share a few quick reasons with you here.
1. Creative outlet. My day job is...how do I put this? Slightly dull. It has nothing to do with my major in school (architecture) and it just doesn't fulfill me like a great job should. That's where this little blog (and of course my internship) come in. They fulfill that creative aspect of my life that I just need to have.
2. It keeps me learning. Constantly. Not only am I learning about myself and my interests through what I write, but I'm also learning about fellow bloggers that I keep up with every day. I also am constantly learning more about the Adobe Suite. Even though most of the graphics I make for the blog are relatively simple, it's still so important that I stay up to date with InDesign and Photoshop. That way when I do get a design related job someday, I'll be good to go.
3. Blogging serves as a resume in a way. It shows employers (at least ones that care about design and may have a blog on their website) that I can create graphics and cohesively discuss various topics. It also goes to show that I can follow through with my commitments. I put up five posts a week and that definitely takes a bit of time and forethought.
4. And then there are the fellow bloggers and the inspiration they provide. There are legitimately bloggers that have become my friends. Well okay, my internet friends. It sounds weird, I know. We e-mail sometimes, comment on each others posts and instagrams and are just always supporting each other but we've never met. These bloggers keep me constantly inspired and entertained and I'm always thankful for that. In all honesty, I'm not quite sure where I looked for most of my inspiration before blogging.
5. Because I love love love it. You guys, blogging is fun. And it's fascinating and it keeps me constantly learning and on my toes.
Okay that's all. I'm done explaining myself, promise. Just wanted to clear that up.
I'm off to find a Jackie O. inspired outfit for the day. Yesterday one of my coworkers said, and I quote, "I like your style...You know who it reminds me of? Jackie O." And with that, she became my favorite coworker ever. Such a great compliment. I'll see what I can pull together. Happy Thursday everyone!