Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Chicago Snapshots





Reading material on the trip down.  I want them all! // First view of pretty, lovely Chicago. 
First shot of downtown. // I love this dress. via Piperlime

Pumpkin Pie Latte on a rainy morning. // Lincoln Park.
The Bourgeois Pig. // Pretty flower petals.

I love the bright blue door.  // More beautiful Lincoln Park homes.
Mosaic at the Subway. // I visited Red Frog Events' amazing offices, where my friend interns.

Mixed Greens deliciousness. // Silver coffered ceilings.  Love love love.
A pink staircase. // Christian Lacroix makes notebooks?!


































These bridges always remind me of Road To Perdition.  Love that movie.  // Downtown views.
Cloudy day in the city. // I love maxi dresses.

There you have it.  Snapshots from my very short, very lovely trip to Chicago.  I tried my best not to look like a tourist but the constant picture taking probably wasn't helping my case very much.  I am crossing my fingers that I'll get to go again soon!  Perhaps in the fall, because how amazing would Chicago be in the fall?  I can only imagine.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I spent some time working, but mostly I was with friends.  I also welcomed my roommate back from Toronto yesterday, where she had been nannying for the past month.  It's lovely to have her home again and to celebrate I made homemade pizza using this pizza dough recipe.  It. Was. So. Good.

Happy Monday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I love Chicago, especially how you can actually walk everywhere, unlike the Twin Cities where I felt like I could hardly walk anywhere. Cities that make cars more impractical than not are pretty great sometimes :)

    <3 Josephine
    www.champagnestar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT DRESS. You should start taking outfit photos ASAP. And where do I get my hands on a Lacroix notebook?? Also, if these are instagram pictures like I think they are (though I'm dumb and might be wrong), you should definitely add me, @room334... Just saying ;)

    Glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun trip! Great pictures.

    Xx
    www.estellelamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I'm jealous of your Chicago adventure! Looks like a blast. We're hoping to visit the windy city this winter, and I cannot wait. Haven't been since I was itty bitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you Chicago pictures! It is one of my favorite places I've been. I'm excited about your blog! I just started following you on google connect :-)

    ReplyDelete