Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Snapshots of Late

I'm headed back to work today after a wonderful four day weekend. This was supposed to be the weekend that I went to Kansas City to visit friends and see Mumford & Sons. But as you may have heard, the band cancelled three of their shows after their bassist Ted had to have emergency brain surgery. It sounds like he's doing well, and I'm wishing him all the best!

After the concert was cancelled, the trip was, too. Definitely a bummer, but I'm planning another weekend trip or two later this summer so it's ok. And on the bright side, it gave me two extra days to relax and get things done.








































































It is definitely feeling like summer here in Minneapolis. As much as I dislike the heat (I would much rather have fall temps) I love all of the activities that come along with summer. I love sleeping with the windows open, going for impromptu runs at night, and the fact that the sun rises early and sets late. It's a pretty amazing season.

I'm taking forever to finish Grace Coddington's memoir, but I really love it so far. I read a little most nights before bed and I've found it's a much better way to unwind than watching an episode of Parks & Rec, which was what I did for a while. (I still love you Ron Swanson.)

This past weekend was jam packed with festivities. My roommate's best friend was in town for the weekend, and we went out both nights. On Saturday we checked out the most adorable art fair on St. Anthony Main and ate dinner at a restaurant along the river. I also went to brunch with my brother and sister-in-law. It was such a treat; I rarely get to see those two!

I'm looking forward to a short week and happy hour with friends on Thursday. I've been trying to make time to get together with friends during the week lately. It always seems to make the work week go a little bit faster.

How is your week going so far? Only three days left until the weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. That's so sad the show got cancelled! But I'm glad you still got the four day weekend to relax and do so much fun stuff. It looks like you had a great one! And I'm suddenly obsessed with SanPellegrino Aranciata too. So good!

    <3 Josephine
    www.champagnestar.com

    PS-Those are my favorite sandals right now!! I got mine on sale to--such a good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I so behind on posts?! Luckily, it looks like things have been wonderful for you! You look adorable in that hat + stripes combo. And that picture of the art fiar is GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete